Who we are
Coveney Communications is run by Petra Coveney who has 20 years of experience in both the Media and PR delivering national campaigns for some of the country’s leading organisations and talented individuals.
The consultancy works with a network of specialists to provide additional services including marketing, digital communications, reports and publications, photography and event management.
Together we have the PR skills, Media contacts and Marketing ability to help you to articulate and strategically communicate your creative work to a wider audience. We have a track record of delivering media coverage that makes an impact.
Petra Coveney’s Experience
Petra worked in the Media at a local and national level as a journalist, producer and features editor to deliver headline breaking news, features, current affairs and documentaries for BBC local radio and BBC Radio 4, Granada TV/ LWT, local and national newspapers and women’s magazines.
She has led national integrated awareness campaigns for:
- The Children’s Society on Runaway, which led to changes in legislation and provision for homeless children;
- the Vinspired.com Government-funded awareness campaign aimed at engaging a million more young people in volunteering;
- the Dance Champions Group led by TV celebrity and Choreographer Arlene Phillips and funded by the Department of health to improve the nation’s fitness,
- the Essentially Dance scheme led by dancers Darren Bennett and Lilia Kopylova to teach Ballroom dance in school PE lessons;
- the Aldridge Foundation promoting education and entrepreneurship thtough its two Academies and projects.
These campaigns have gained target media coverage which have changed perceptions, rallied public support, influenced changes in legislation and supported major fundraising campaigns.
She has raised the profiles of individuals and organisations including actor/director Andy Serkis’ new company The Imaginarium - the UK’s premier Performance Capture film studio, Susheela Raman and her OuterIndia music events and Rod Aldridge, founder of the Aldridge Foundation and one of the UK’s most successful business entrepreneurs.